Pharmacy Technician University (PTU) now included in RxTOOLKIT’s eLEARNING™ division offerings, portion of proceeds donated to the Emily Jerry Foundation.
[Ephrata, PA April 2018—] RxTOOLKIT eLEARNING™ has partnered with TRC Healthcare (Authors of Pharmacist’s Letter and Pharmacy Technician’s Letter) to make TRC’s Pharmacy Technicians University™ (PTU) available to its clients. PTU’s online competency‐based curriculum provides the tools and information needed to prepare techs for employment, as well the national technician certification exam.
Today, pharmacy technicians are increasingly important members of the pharmacy team. Skilled pharmacy technicians are critical for the economic and efficient function of a pharmacy. However, training requirements for pharmacy technicians change often and are becoming more complex, creating a shortage of qualified pharmacy technicians.
“Training and certification ensure that pharmacy technicians have the core competencies required to safely perform the full scope of practice as well as the right attitude for advancing success. Expanding the reach of high‐quality technician training is important to improving the overall quality of patient care and medication safety,” said Chuck DiTrapano, President of RxTOOLKIT.
Pharmacy Technicians University takes the headache out of technician training and compliance with convenient, cost‐effective, online training including real‐world scenarios and rich media content. Most importantly, trained, competent, and reliable techs can drastically reduce any facility’s overall medication error rate.
“RxTOOLKIT has chosen to donate a portion of proceeds from PTU subscriptions to the Emily Jerry Foundation, in memory of Emily Jerry, a two‐year‐old girl who lost her life due to a medication error made by a hospital pharmacy,” said DiTrapano,
“We want to remind healthcare workers that there is an Emily in everything we do. The better we know our job, and the more engaged we are, the more likely we are to prevent her story from being repeated.”
Pharmacy Technicians University offers:
- PTU 101: 80‐hour program:
- Online, accessible from anywhere, always available, and easy to use
- PTU 101: 110‐hour program:
- Including 30‐hours of specialized training essential for institutional pharmacy proficiency
- Tracking and reporting at the individual level as well as full program visibility
- A pharmacy career assessment and a pre‐employment skill assessment to assist in determining if a candidate would be a good fit for your organization:
- Short essay questions designed to determine technician interest, motivation, and commitment level to pharmacy as career choice
- Reading comprehension and math assessment
Program Benefits Include:
- Achievable hourly and practice‐model specific courses
- Continuous updates with changes to state laws and regulations
- Relevant, enriched content to engage students, including:
- Realistic context support for active learning and problem solving with real‐world scenarios
- Development of observational and critical thinking skills across multiple learning modalities (videos, audios, interactive modules, learning games, and didactic content)
- Charts, guides and other reference tools useful for long after training is complete
[TRC® Healthcare, Pharmacy Technicians University™, and PTU 101™ are trademarks of Therapeutic Research Center. Copyright © 2018 Therapeutic Research Center (TRC) All Rights Reserved. / RxTOOLKIT® and RxTOOLKIT eLEARNING™ are trademarks of HMMRx Inc. Copyright © 2018 RxTOOLKIT, HMMRx Inc. All Rights Reserved.]
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Chuck DiTrapano at 1–888-RXTLKIT (798‑5548) or email@example.com.